Monday, September 8, 2008

runnin around

So this weekends been errand running and clearing out stuff in my room. I got my international driving license, which wasn't as hard to get as I thought. Just filling out paper work and taking a photo, and then it was done and I already have it, no waiting for it in the mail... unlike other documents I need. LIKE MY PASSPORT! Never go to CVS to get your passport photos done. They don't know what the requirements are and just take pictures without anything that tells them what they should look like to be accepted by the passport office. On Saturday my paper work got sent back to me and now I have to send it again. I have 5 and a half weeks left and it takes 4 weeks to get my passport... that makes me worry just a bit. Time is on my side though, hopefully it will all be okay!!!

In the clearing out department of my journey, I've taken lots of old clothes out of my drawers and closet tonight. Anything that i haven't worn in the past 6 months, and clothes that aren't "seasonal" got tossed in the donations bag, same went for shoes... that made me a little sad. But now that I feel like I have no clothes I really have to resist the urge to buy more clothes (or shoes), and If I do they HAVE to be; proper shoes for everyday wearing and walking (that means no Vans or Chucks), warm clothes cause it will be coming up on winter when I arrive in the UK, and a suit for interviews.

I apologize to matt now for the amount of clothes and shoes that will be coming with me BUT it could have been much worse!

I'm realizing that I have little to no time now and things have to get done NOW. No more time to put things off or "wait till later" just looking at a calendar make me SO nervous! I think I'll post my car for sale tomorrow.

No comments: