Monday, March 2, 2009

Waiting...

So here it is the 2nd day of March and I'm still waiting. A few weeks back I had a meeting with the Head of Development for Southampton University. I had applied for a job but was unsuccessful and he wanted to talk to me about another opportunity they had come available. The position was still with the Development and Alumni Department but a more entry level position and one that was really more suitable for me. He told me that although I didn't get the other job they were still "very impressed" with my attitude and they wanted to keep in contact in case such an opportunity arose. Finally a positive! After hearing nothing and hearing "thanks but no" it was a little bit of a relief to know that someone saw that I was valuable... even if it meant I had to apply all over again and wait. The closing date for applications is the 5th of March so I should hear something within two weeks of then. As well as applying for that job I took on the task of applying for yet another job with an Ad firm, this time an entry level job that over 100 other applicants applied for as well. Yikes! I always follow up when I apply for a job and when I applied for this one I emailed and called my recruiter to make sure she got my app. Two week and nothing... so I wrote her another email, this time with a little more of a "return my email and do you job" kind of attitude. And wouldn't you know, I got a response! She HADN'T received my application in the first place! I wanted to reach through my mac book and slap her. I resent it and now more waiting. Nothing is off the table now (well with the exception of working for McDonald's). Full time jobs, Temp office jobs and retail, I've applied for them all! I've signed up to volunteer at the local hospital as well, but more waiting is to be has with that as well.

Since I have so much time to sit and think during the day I think of ways that I would rather be spending my time if I had the means. I'm really thinking about getting my Masters. The University of Southampton is a really good school and they have an Advertising Design course that looks really good. I just need to find out more and get my facts in order before I commit to anything. I think having my Masters would help me get a job in the ad world and having a degree that's from the UK would make me more desirable.

Still living with housemates for the time being. Until I have a job, Matt and I can't move into our own place. Living here is fine and all but one of the other girls and I just don't get along. Apparently I'm not nice! Ha, maybe if she actually took the time to get to know me instead of judging she would find out I'm actually a very nice person. After trying to resolve the issue once and no positive results, I've gone to ignoring her now. I can't physically be nice to someone time after time when all they want to see is that I'm the bad guy. It gets to me, I get mad, I raise my voice and get upset, and no one wants that :)

So waiting is about all I'm doing at the moment

No comments: