Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Taking a break

I'm taking a break to eat lunch and thought I would write a bit... we'll see what comes of this...


So last night was eventful! Two of my fellow RA's from the dorms will be leaving us at the end of the next two weeks. One to Boston on a baseball scholarship and one to Korea on an exchange program for the Fall semester. 15 out of the 24 of us got together at Friday for dinner and drinks (for those of us who are 21+) and it was pretty fun. Definitely odd to not be living in the dorms anymore and just walk on over to someones place where everyone is hanging out for the night. But i live a block away so it's not too bad. After dinner I went to visit some of my residents from last year. The boys of 301... They were pretty good residents and were your typical freshmen residents, getting into trouble for being loud.. as well as other things that I won't mention... but they were just plain goofy and made my year being an RA worth all the trouble. So i guess I'll make sure I keep in touch with them.


My roommate and I have two kittens. Both are boys and they are named Neville and Greyback (if you read the Harry Potter books you'll get it and if not... then shame on you). Yesterday they went to have their manhood revoked and Neville had to have a hernia surgery as well. I picked them up and the vet had lined their carrier with newspaper... the calender section of the paper from the Los Angeles Times with the review for the 7th Potter book... HOW FUNNY IS THAT! I died laughing. So far the kittens seem to be doing well. Emily had to fashion a collar for Neville so that he wouldn't lick his tummy and he looks funny and sad at the same time... poor kid.


Lets see.... Work is good... Busy. We have less than an month till our auction and I have many things to do and many board members to please. This morning I found out my volunteer for decorations had to bail on me, but for good reasons, so that kind of put me in a bind. But after explaining to my boss that I've been known to be pretty creative and I could do the decorations myself with some help from the staff he decided I could do the decorations. These people really need to stop thinking I'm incompetent. I'm smart and resourceful... i really am. I know I'm 23, I know I just graduated, I know this is my first time doing this job... but I wouldn't have applied for the job it I didn't think I could do it. I understand their concern... but they need to just let me do my job.


Ok the little light on my phone is blinking which means I have a message needing answered... back to work!... yeah...


oh and here's a pic of me and my roomie with the cats!


No comments: