Sunday, October 26, 2008

In the Trees!

This past weekend was really fun! Matt and I went to Farnahm to spend the weekend with his cousin James, his girlfriend Rachel as well as his cousin Chris, his girlfriend Jo and a couple of James's friends. The reason for the trip up to Farnham was for James's birthday and to celebrate we went to one of the local outdoor activity centers and did this (http://www.goape.co.uk/). They have them all over the country and each one is different. So we spent the majority of the morning climbing through trees on high ropes courses and zip lines that were pretty high up. It was a lot of fun and I'd like to go to the one near Southampton in the New Forest. Saturday night was out for James's Birthday Dinner at a really nice and pretty authentic Italian restaurant. I've found that the Italian restaurants are very different than the American ones and what I'm used to. The sauces are sweeter, the meets are different and the fillings that go with the pastas are all very (what i would guess) authentic Italian. They even have Penne Arrabiata which I always thought was something Eddie Izzard made up for his Darth Vader joke, but it does actually exist haha!

Today we all slept in which was really nice and after getting over my little bit of a headache (too much wine me thinks!) we headed back to Southampton where Matt and I went to the Home Goods store that we have right next to our house to buy yet more stuff for our room. When my shoes arrived on Thursday they sat in their box because I had no where to put them, tragic! So today we bought a shelf unit to put all of my shoes and Matt's shoes on along with some other bits that we needed. Still can't wait to get our own place and fill the kitchen with everything we need!!

Random: I'm listening to BBC1 Radio and Kings of Leo's "Sex on Fire" is playing and I really enjoy the song :)

Update on my boxes! 2 have arrived and 2 should be on their way tomorrow. I didn't have to end up paying for anything because I filled out the forms and they realized that everything I was shipping was personal belongings. The other two boxes which i filled out the customs forms for on Wednesday were still floating around the airport on Friday. So I called and informed them of the problem and they said the other 2 boxes should be here tomorrow and I shouldn't have problems with paying or anything cause they have been cleared through customs.

Other than that things are good. I'll start looking for jobs this week and applying for them as well. Starting work over here is going to be really interesting.

:)

2 comments:

Emi said...

This one is wet... And this one is wet... and this one is wet... :)

Unknown said...

Hi Katherine,
Glad to hear your move went well--you are in my thoughts and prayers always. Enjoy your new surroundings!

Love,
Lyn Sylva