Sunday, October 12, 2008

4 days till take off!

With four days to go I've been saying my goodbyes to everyone and finishing up a what is left to do. I had my last day at work on friday and it was pretty much a regular work day, but when I left at the end of the day I made my rounds, said goodbye and turned in my keys. My bosses took me out for lunch and drinks (drinks after work!) which was pretty much a really good way to wrap things up with them. Both of them are two of the best bosses that you could ask for and I really enjoyed working with them and everyone else. Leaving work was bitter sweet and I think everything is going to be that way. It is sad that I'm leaving a place and people who I have grown to love but I don' really feel like I'm saying goodbye to everyone FOREVER... just until I come to visit again! And I'm so excited and happy for the new path I'm taking in life and to share it with everyone.

After leaving work on Friday I headed out for my "Going Away Party" with people from work and friends. Even though it was a party for saying goodbye to people I had such a great time! Everyone was chatting to one another and I made my rounds getting the chance to talk to everyone and say my goodbyes. We started at Heroes in Fullerton (the place where I met Matt and my favorite place for a casual night out) followed by Durty Nelly's (Irish Pub in Costa Mesa with Karaoke). It was an awesome night out and a really good way for me to see everyone as a group before I set off on Thursday.

Speaking of, I've started packing and think I have all my stuff packed. NOT looking forward to shipping all that stuff but it has to be done. The suitcases shouldn't be too much of a hassle (hopefully).

Well 4 more days to go!

No comments: